Keyset is on the hunt for an entrepreneurial and enterprising Java/Ruby developer to join our team. With Keyset, you will be working amongst a range of professionals from small business to enterprise. You will be using agile practices to code software that lives directly within the critical operations and maintenance processes of industrial plants and refineries. You will be fully involved in the entire lifecycle of software development from conception to implementation.
Our customers are mostly in the enterprise sector so you will get the rare opportunity to work on enterprise level software built with Ruby. We’re ready to start you at 40 hours of billable work a week as soon as possible!
Ideal applicants would possess the following:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Familiarity with web development and Agile practices using Ruby on Rails framework or similar MVC framework (Java, PHP, or Python is also acceptable).
- Familiarity with TDD and Paired Programming.
- Familiarity with Java and surrounding J2EE libraries
- Experience with Unix base operating systems (OSX / Linux).
It also doesn’t hurt to have:
- A willingness to learn new things and an ability to do so on your own.
- Backbone Experience.
- Coffeescript Experience.
- A laptop you can work on.
- Excitement about the idea of working in the freelance web development world.
- A github account or link to some code or project you have written.
So, if you are ready to break-out into the freelance/contract world of Software Development then wrangle up your repertoire of portfolios (GitHub, Forrst, RubyForge, Gems, Resumes, Personal Website, ect) and mail them to Brandon Mathis